Three 2018 Marketing Must-Haves
Manage Online Profiles and Customer Reviews
- Nearly 96% of customers perform local online searches. Customers can find your company information on dozens of online profiles (e.g., Yelp, Angie’s List, BBB, YP, etc.) without ever visiting your website. Providing a consistent presence across the web can also help boost your organic search placement.
- One estimate indicates 50% of business owners have incorrect information listed across these profiles. If your company is not claiming, managing and updating your online profiles you may be losing out on new customers.
- Many of these online profiles allow customers to post reviews. Online reviews help customers choose whether or not to hire you. Being proactive about negative reviews and inviting customers to post positive reviews can increase leads and help with your overall online presence.
An Updated Website Design
Your company’s website is an important part of your brand. In just minutes a prospect candecide if you are the company they want to hire. Not only can your website bring in new
customers, it is an important part of your recruiting efforts. The brand you convey online
should be an updated, accurate representation of your service, culture and team.
Website designs can become outdated in as little as one year. Real time research on web
user experience continually delivers information on ways to better engage site visitors,
convert visitors to leads, increase mobile friendliness and more. If your website design is
more than one year old, consult with a marketing professional about an update.
- helps increase visitor engagement and can increase your position on Google and other search engines.
- gives visitors a better sense of your company and deepens brand engagement.
- helps explain complicated concepts and creates a stronger impact by combining sight, sound and movement.
company that has broad online marketing and video production experience.